DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun DUUUNNNN duuunnn dun dun dunnnn dunnnn dun dun dunnnnnn...
If you're following along, that's how the song goes. We all know it. Yet not all of us watch the show (EASY, TIGER) and for some reason this upsets people. Any time I say that I'm not a Game of Thrones fan or a Harry Potter fan, I'm shunned and gasped at as if I myself am a villain in these very unrealistic things that people have created. This week was going pretty smooth. And then Dubruvnik just *happened*. This week I:
- had a chill workday vibe one whole day. I went to the workspace, had coffee, worked, and went home. It was nice.
- spent the night at Becca and Jacob's apartment (who live next door to the workspace) because I worked late and really didn't want to uber home again. I made them cuddle with me.
- got up the next morning, decided to be good and just go back to the workspace (since I was so close) and work again. But, if you know me, you know that normality is never the case. As soon as I got there, I got this message from Melissa: "wanna go to Dubruvnik today". Uh. Ok. But I couldn't. I couldn't afford another AirBnB or gas money, and was incredibly broke from Italy. But the car was paid for and Melissa said there was room, so if I drove, I wouldn't need to pay. So...
- ended up in Dubruvnik.
- climbed a cliff.
- Stayed at this amazing little AirBnB that overlooked the city.
- Played the Game of Thrones theme song far too many times.
- Took a lot of pictures on this wall. And walked a LOT of steps. This place wasn't really on my to-do list; if you've read up to here, you may remember that I skipped a weekend trip to Dubruvnik the first weekend I was in Split so that I could sleep in and eat brunch. But I'm glad I came - AMAZING city, gorgeous views, totally worth it.
- caught more awesome sunsets, one of the last in Split, with Molly and Bambi and a bottle of red wine. If every day ended with the sunsets I saw this month, I wouldn't be mad at it.
- got on a *chartered* plane to move to our new home, Prague! (so nice)
- sang Happy Birthday to two of our fave remotes, Sami and Mark, who shared their bday with our travel day. They enjoyed cake and chocolate and fake champagne. It was pretty epic.
- did the mannequin challenge on said plane. Watch it below!
ARRIVED IN PRAGUE! Next up: my new home, new city, and how I managed to survive on sausage and mulled wine for a month.
Professional writer, designer, and do-it-aller. Remote Year citizen/alum. Currently living in San Francisco and probably trying to avoid the terrifying amounts of pigeons.